Asperger Syndrome: Everything you always wanted to know!
Learning more about the ins and outs of Asperger Syndrome is the best you can do if you know someone who has been diagnosed. You are better equipped to deal with their anger tantrums, typical behaviors, anxiety and need for control if you understand WHY they act like they do.
See if you or your loved ones fit the profile?
Download the 25 characteristics of Asperger for FREE
Click on FREE DOWNLOAD in the menu on the left
What you can do today
In order to grasp the intensity of Asperger Syndrome, you as a parent or spouse have to learn to see and recognize their characteristics. It’s crucial to learn to communicate in a different way.
Reading books written by those with autism spectrum disorders has helped me to learn how to speak "autistic". This has changed the relationship with my son completely. I wish you could see him now, 7 years after his diagnosis. He has learned and achieved so many things I never thought would be possible.He still has Asperger’s and will never be cured because it is a lifelong condition. Speaking to him openly about it made him aware of his strong points and his challenges. And that openness has helped my son to accept and love himself for who he is. He is now a lively 15 year old with good grades in school, a great sense of humor and lots of potential for his future.
I made some changes in the way I communicated with him and it had a huge impact on his behavior: It improved dramatically!
I provided our family life with more structure and routines.
I made schedules with clocks as visual aids and put those up in our house.
I started to prepare him upfront for field trips, family outings and holidays.
I made strict rules in our house and we stuck to those rules; no matter what.
I tried to focus on his strong points instead of his weaknesses.
- Asperger Syndrome Behavior
- What is typical Asperger Syndrome behavior and how do those with Asperger Syndrome relate to other people such as spouses, siblings and friends?
- Asperger Syndrome Diagnosis
- Getting a Asperger syndrome diagnosis is extremely important! If you know what it is you can deal with it!
- Asperger Symptoms
- What Asperger symptoms must you be aware off? How can you tell if some-one has Asperger syndrome? Are there any clues in their behavior?
- Asperger Syndrome and Children
- What behavior in children are symptoms for Asperger syndrome?
- Asperger in School
- students with Asperger in school can be a real challenge. What can school and teachers do to help those Asperger students?
- Asperger Teens
- Asperger Teens can display advanced skills for their age in language, reading or math. They can be talented and enjoy academic success
- Asperger symptoms in adults
- What Asperger symptoms in adults are there? Find out more about the characteristics of adult asperger syndrome!
- Free download
- Free download
- Asperger Complications
- asperger complications: a long list of disorders that appear together with Asperger Syndrome
- Theory of Mind
- Theory of mind is the capacity to understand what other people know, think or feel. This is hard for those with Asperger Syndrome and will effect their behavior in many ways.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders are five separate disorders each with their own criteria in the DSM IV manual except for PDD-NOS.
- Nutrition and Asperger Syndrome
- Nutrition is a key element in your health. Find out what you can do to help those with Asperger feel a whole lot better!
- Autism Asperger Books
- Reading Asperger books has taught me how to speak “autistic”. By educating myself on Asperger I created a better world for my son!
- films on asperger or autism
- DVD's or documentaries on asperger or autism
- Share your story
- Help me spread positivity around the world!
- About me
- A personal story on the person behind this website
- links between my site and others
- asperger storybook
- asperger storybook